Saturday, April 30, 2022

via @Nick Vasey: 'Mailout Number 8 - 29th April 2022. - InstaCasa Real Estate

 via @Nick Vasey: 'Mailout Number 8 - 29th April 2022. - InstaCasa Real Estate's latest mailout- Our InstaCasa office is next to Cafe Layseca's, in Vilcabamba's central park. InstaCasa Real Estate - Vilcabamba Ecuador "History Doesn't Repeat - But It Sure Does Rhyme!" -

Hello everybody
Well, history doesn't repeat but it sure does rhyme, huh?

So said the great Mark Twain ... and it's ringing pretty true for me, here in Ecuador at the moment.

I'm getting that deja-vu spidey-sense tingling again. Let me tell you why.

A bit of historical context … I’m just a lifelong (and now middle-aged) world-traveller and entrepreneur, who eventually became so disillusioned with many things about the so-called “first-world” that I finally decided to permanently put significant distance between myself, and it.

Basically, I had wanted to remove myself from what I saw as a pathological illness … the virus of so-called first-world “civilisation.” So … away I went. The year was 2008, and Ecuador was the destination.

Shortly thereafter, the Global Financial Crisis (GFC) hit with full-force, completely paralysing the “developed” world, and upending everyone’s assumptions about how things worked (or rather, didn’t work). I felt vindicated … kind of like Steve Carell’s character in The Big Short … (a must-watch film if you’ve not seen it).

It seemed everything I had observed and commented unfavourably about for many years … was finally failing miserably, just as I’d long known it should. I felt I had somehow “escaped” … just in the nick of time … and I was grateful to be in my beautiful and peaceful new home, far from the madding crowd....." -

https://mailchi.mp/bbcbca164396/historydoesntrepeat-butitsuredoesrhyme?fbclid=IwAR0BSmmtaDKA3F4c-ZsTRtUAiGvZx5FbZirj1NxyGBKU-35VrK2LTnYRtD8

No comments:

Post a Comment