Friday, November 21, 2014

Six Months in Ecuador / Ecuador George | November 18, 2014

Six Months in Ecuador / | November 18, 2014 -



<read more> .....One Hit Wonders-

I was screwed by the handyman.

He wouldn’t give me an hourly price when I asked and when he was done he wanted $100. He had worked 5 hours and done great work but I knew this was wrong.

I looked at him and said that his fee was more than double what I
thought it should be. I also showed him all the rest of the work that I needed to have done and let him know that I would not be able to hire him again at those prices.


He insisted that I pay him the $100. .

I purchased a dining room table at a very nice furniture store but
noticed that half of the chairs were missing the plastic ends on each
leg. I was promised they would be installed before delivery.


I told the salesperson I was furnishing a new place and could use her help, especially since they made custom items. She seemed excited about the possibility of selling me more furniture. She said she would come along with the guys when they delivered the table.

She never showed up.

And you guessed it, the chairs did not have the plastic ends
installed. The driver called the store, looked at me and said they would go pick them up and bring them back. I looked at him in the eyes and made him swear he would do it. He swore and then we never saw him again.


Of course Chad and I chuckled about all this. This was not the first or even the second time this had happened. <read more> http://www.ecuadorgeorge.com/six-months-in-ecuador/#.VGuv3eA1w0s.facebook
Reprinted & Distributed With Permission-

No comments:

Post a Comment