Wednesday, November 12, 2014

AHHH CUENCA!!: Cuenca Independence Days - #4

AHHH CUENCA!!: Cuenca Independence Days - #4:

Cuenca Independence Days - #4


   Yep, it's my 4th time experiencing Cuenca's week-long independence (from
Spain 194 years ago) celebrations.  My first one happened to be the
starting days of my initial exploratory trip, though I was delayed
getting to Cuenca because American Airlines left my bags behind in
Miami.  So, I was stuck in butt-ugly-hot-humid Guayaquil waiting for my
bags to catch up with me.  That was 2010.


 
November 3rd is 'THE' day, which this year fell on a Monday, so we had a
long 3-day weekend to party.  Concerts were all over the place, craft
fairs, a carnival, parades, a classic car show, comical races, food up
the wazoo, fireworks, and much more.   There was even a band at the
airport to greet visitors coming out of baggage claim while, at the same
time, greeters handed out orchids and other small gifts.....<read more> http://danoinec.blogspot.com/2014/11/cuenca-independence-days-4.html

No comments:

Post a Comment